July 24, 2005

Woman Of My Dreams

She is the woman who haunts me in my dreams. The loving apparition whose beautiful, brown eyes I cannot resist. A glance from them puts my mind to rest and makes my heart beat faster.

We dance together in playful merriment. There is no music to be heard, yet we still embrace each other to dance. I cannot tell if other people are in my dreams for my focus is on her and her alone.

She kisses my lips gently and runs her fingers through my hair. Our bodies warming each other with their close proximity. A sense of joy rushing through my dormant mind.

Time seems to slow down or stop completely when we are together. All good things must come to an end, but my mind tries in vain to prolong these dreams. It knows that with reality comes the sense of longing my heart so desperately tries to fulfill.

As my eyes open, they are greeted by the harshness of reality. The fair and radiant maiden is no longer in my presence. I see her almost everyday in reality, yet we lack the closeness and proximity my heart desires most.

The fact that I do not know her feelings towards me weighs most heavily on my mind. The time between when we part and meet again is spent deep in thought. My dreams provide some relief, yet they cannot possibly do her beauty any justice.

To get to know you better is all I ask. My heart and mind are rarely in agreement, yet they are both completely taken by you. Completely and utterly enthralled by your aura and accumen.

Place your mind aside for a moment and listen to your heart. If you can honestly say there are no feelings toward me, then tell me so now and put my mind to rest. Allow me to turn away my heart and feel this longing no longer.

However, if you do feel anything in the slightest, I shall wait until I might have the opportunity to nuture such feelings. To water them with my trust and loyalty so they may flourish and blossom. To woo you with my charm and wit so that you may know that gentlemen still do exist in a world filled with vultures. Even if that means having to wait until I do not see you everyday.

No comments: